Digitalization and sustainability are two major forces shaping the marine and offshore markets, where lighting will play a vital role in realizing the value of industrial Internet of Things. To realize this opportunity, Glamox GMO has established a new position as LMS Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) to help drive the customer adoption of LMS solutions.
You will work out of newly acquired Luminell’s offices in Aalesund. The offices are only 1 hours and 30 minutes away from Molde, housing Glamox’ largest facilities, where the success story began as early as 1947.
In this role you will be the binding element in helping our customers realize the value and potential of our LMS solution portfolio. You will be responsible for scoping, planning, and supporting sales of LMS solutions across the GMO division. You will work closely with the area sales managers globally, but also independently and directly towards end-customers, design companies, engineering companies, electrical installers, shipyards and more. The position will be reporting to LMS Business Director and be working closely with Glamox GMO technology organization and sales units across the globe.
As a newly established role, it is a great opportunity to be a part of realizing world-leading light solutions for marine and offshore customers.
- Planning of LMS solutions, with drawings, diagrams, specifications, etc. for sales
- Create high customer value spec. recommendations for light management systems.
- Close customer and user dialogue
- Technical customer support and follow up
- Support product development and product management with technical input from customers and users
- Execute internal LMS solution training to relevant colleagues globally
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree within electronics and/or computer science, or other relevant fields
- Experience from system planning and technical sales/support
- Experience with electrical/electronic system planning tools
- Comprehensive overall technical understanding
- Interest in lighting control is a plus
- Experience from marine or offshore sector is beneficial
- Understanding and knowledge of communication protocols is a benefit, such as: DALI, modbus, profibus, z-wave, Bluetooth, etc.
- Good at identifying opportunities, overcome roadblocks and craft the best solution for the customer
- Flexible and eager to learn and adapt
- You have a structured way of working
- Excellent communication- and co-operation skills
- Fluency in English
- A vital role in realizing the potential of LMS in marine and offshore markets
- An innovative and dynamic work environment with likeminded colleagues
- The opportunity to shape your own position
- Competitive terms
- Nature and surroundings in Aalesund that very well make take your breath away