Digitalization and sustainability are two major forces shaping the marine and offshore markets, where lighting will play a vital role in realizing the value of industrial Internet of Things. We want you to be a driving force in realizing this opportunity in the newly established position as LMS Lead Technical Engineer. Together with the product development team across our locations, you will own and drive the development of LMS solutions that our customers and users will love.
A natural part of this role will be to back up our sales and support team. We will also establish a separate LMS Technical sales engineer role that will be dedicated to working with our sales and support team to help our customers.
The LMS Lead Technical Engineer (LTE) will work out of newly acquired Luminell’s offices in Aalesund. The offices are only 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Molde, housing Glamox’ largest facilities, where the success story began as early as 1947.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
You will establish leading technical LMS solutions and be responsible for realizing and assuring that GMO has the hardware and software building blocks for a commercial LMS offering that is standardized, scalable and cutting edge. You will work in close co-operation with the GMO product development team, and other relevant functions in the organization.
The LTE is a newly established role with an exciting opportunity to make an impact on the future of Glamox Global Marine & Offshore world leading light solutions for marine and offshore customers.
- Ensure LMS readiness of the marine and offshore light solution portfolio according to the LMS strategy and assure that our product solutions (hardware, software, and systems) are up to date and cutting edge
- Implement products and maintain LMS system HW & SW components
- Close customer and user dialogue to validate the commercial value of LMS development
- Ensure simple and robust system architecture, and intuitive interface between hardware and software
- Support product development and product management with leading technical LMS competency
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree within electronics and/or computer science, or other relevant fields
- Significant experience from system integration and/or automation with track record of creating customer value. Software development experience is also of interest
- Proven track record in projects where interaction between software and hardware has been vital
- Competency in system architecture
- Skill in software engineering (coding) and interest in new technologies
- Experience from marine and offshore sector is beneficial
- Understanding and knowledge of communication protocols is a benefit, such as: DALI, modbus, profibus, z-wave, Bluetooth, etc.
- Fluency in English
- You need to be structured to succeed in this role
- You have to be good at identifying opportunities, overcome roadblocks and craft the best solution with given resources
- A “doer”
- Flexible and eager to learn and adapt
- The ability to work together with colleagues, and with that comes the ability to communicate with all sorts of people – technical and non-technical
- A position where you can make an impact, solve real customer problems, and have lots of fun while doing it
- The opportunity to shape your own position
- Being a driving force in a much-needed development of the marine and offshore industry
- Competitive terms
- Nature and surroundings in Aalesund that very well make take your breath away